Thursday, October 14, 2010

beatitudes for friends of special children

Blessed are you who take the time to listen to difficult speech, for you help me to know that if I persevere I can be understood. 

Blessed are you who never bid me to "hurry up" and take my tasks from me and do them for me, for often I need time rather than help. 

Blessed are you who stand beside me as I enter new untried ventures, for my failures will be outweighed by the times I surprise myself and you. 

Blessed are you who asked me for my help, for my greatest need is to be needed. 

Blessed are you who understand that it is difficult for me to put my thoughts into words. 

Blessed are you whom with a smile, encourage me to try once more. 

Blessed are you who never remind me that today I asked the same question two times. 

Blessed are you who respect me and love me as I am-Just as I am, and not like you wish I were. 

i have been having a hard time with emily again.  its really not good timing with hubs starting his part time job.  i just feel stressed and weak.  i found that little passage above in emily's school handbook this year.  sometimes we all need a little reminder to put things into perspective.

i know that this rough patch will pass, just as they all do. 



4 comments:

  1. I hope that this will be a short term bump, and that it will smooth out for you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs to you, hope you are smooth sailing soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina,
    Thank you so much for posting this. I really needed to read this. I have to say I have failed at every.single.one.of.these. :( and to be honest, I have a hard time seeing Samantha as a child with special needs. After readings these, it kind of opened my eyes to the fact that she is. I think I might need to print this out and post it on the wall at our house just to remind me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. THAT IS AN AMAZING picture of you and Emily!

    ReplyDelete