Tuesday, December 15, 2009

so much for getting it all done!!

i had big plans last night!  finish christmas cards(and mail them today), make ornament(i did manage to get that done, but it took me all night!), make knot blankets for the kids(not enough fleece, and joann was all out of the colors i needed!),  finish stitchery and make it into a pillow(got lost in the shuffle, and i never even thought about it until after my head was on the pillow!)

ok, so i had an ambitious evening planned, but it all went out the window after i started making the ornament.  i'm so glad i finished it though, i really think its a show stopper!  i'll be bringing it to the family ornament exchange.  i found the idea for this over at Everyday Chaos  i knew when i saw it, i had to make it!







its just so darn pretty!  i used scraps of wrapping paper!  this was completely free to make...i love it when a plan comes together....well, other than the fact that i didn't get any of my other jobs done.  oh well!  i was taking breaks in between...so don't be afraid to try this...yours probably won't take you all night!!

on a side note...i discovered that its not good to leave your glitter where little fingers can reach it...
 
at least he offered to clean it up....




little stinker!!




13 comments:

  1. Your ornament is gorgeous! I love it! If only I had the patience to make one of my own!
    And you gotta love glitter clean up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that really is pretty, wonderful job! And what a cute little boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful little ornament. I love sparkles! Also love the pics of the little one cleaning up the glitter. CUte!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so pretty!! love your little guy too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ornament looks great, the red is awesome! I love the wrapping paper, it gives it such a Christmasy look.

    Your little one is so cute, I love the picture of him grabbing the towel- cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That ornament is just so beautiful!!! Ooopsie with the mess though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That ornament is beautiful! I want to go to the family ornament exchange, what a fun idea! Thanks for entering the Zhu Zhu Pet giveaway at www.guessingalltheway,com, good luck! Your little guy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so pretty! I'll have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My to-do list has a way of being larger than my hours in the day too! But look at what you accomplished? Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, I just made one, I watched Ellen and worked away. I used a book from the Dollar Tree so my project was almost free :) Thanks so much for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a cute idea! I read it on Jennifer's blog (Hope Studios) and she linked me right over to you! Glad I found your blog!

    Cute little thing, isn't he? How is he with dishes?

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete