Tuesday, December 29, 2009

a little late...

...but we had a good christmas!  my poor emily woke up sick with a little fever :o(   she has inherited my curse for being sick on or around christmas!  i can remember soo many christmas eves and christmas days where i was miserable(but managed to still open gifts...tee hee!)  we ended up putting her back to bed after barely getting through a couple of stocking stuffers!  i was so upset!  i was sure that this was the year that emily was really going to get into it.  so yeah, i cried on christmas!  david snapped me out of it though!  he had such a ball!  each thing he opened had to be played with right that second!!  it was so fun to watch him!!  after my parents got here we we put david down for a nap, and got emily back up.  she was feeling much better!!  i was so relieved!  the kids opened gifts, we ate yummy treats, and just enjoyed each other's company. 
















a norman rockwell painting, we certainly are not!  haha  david's diaper leaked so he couldn't wear his christmas jammies, emily's hair was a mess all day, i never made them wear their christmas outfits, and there was no family pic in front of the tree this year.  oh well, they can't all go as planned! lol

hope you all had a great day!  now bring on 2010!

7 comments:

  1. Oh poor Emily - but I'm glad she woke up feeling better! They cannot possibly all be perfect, but you can certainly create your own version of perfect every year. It sounds like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad Emily was so sick! Being sick for the holidays is the worst! I am glad that everything turned out better after her nap! What a fun day you eventually had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you did cry, but look at that beautiful smile! I think this sounds like a wonderful day, and a jammy Christmas sounds cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam has been sick every year too! I bet you will alwasy remember those smiles though....who needs a fancy picture???

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny that the one gift is almost as big as your little guy! Sorry you had one little sick one. She still looks pretty happy though. I hope your 2010 is just perfect for you and your family. Happy New Year Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's the perfect kind of Christmas my dear. We're all far from Norman but we make our lives look good :)

    Heck I work from home and barely straighten my hair all day. It's all good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pics! I wish you and your family a wonderful year Tina!

    ReplyDelete