Saturday, November 7, 2009

love at first sight

yesterday was my first trip to a dollar tree...and i'm in love! up until recently, we didn't have a dollar store at all in the area. then, like magic, on the way to my sister's house for halloween...i saw it. it was practically glowing. i finally got over there yesterday...ya know...since i was KID FREE...ALL DAY!--i'll share more about that later in the week :o)

anyhoo...i almost shed a tear...ok, ok, maybe i'm being dramatic...but they had some awesome stuff in there!! its true, they have some cheap, crappy looking items...but then there are the diamonds in the rough. like the 12 packages of acrylic christmas balls i picked up to make a couple of wreaths(if they turn out nice, i may be selling them in my up coming etsy shop...stay tuned)...i also came across flour sack dish towels that i plan on embroidering for thanksgiving and xmas. my sister had to drag me out of there. i walked outta there only spending $24 on two full-to-the-top bags, and endless possibilities! aah...yes, my new favorite place.

6 comments:

  1. We have 3 dollar stores in the area and I never make the effort to get there. I have nothing against them, I just never think about it! I need to check them out because so many people talk about the gems they find! Yay for a fun (kid-free) shopping experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dollar Tree. I was just there on a random visit yesterday and spent $18! It's so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been into one in a while. Now you're making me want to get in one ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always go to the Dollar Tree before I go anywhere else if I am looking for something. They have a lot of stuff, especially in the teacher section!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WELCOME to the ADDICTION, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love the pound shop (dollar, pound). It a dynamite place to get basic odds and ends. Mostly I buy jalapenos and anything pickled in there. 99p for the biggest jar you've ever seen? Or go all the way to the "real" shop and pay 1.90 for the SMALLEST jar you've ever seen?!

    I do love my $ shop.

    And Tupperware. perfect.

    ReplyDelete