Wednesday, November 11, 2009

self doubt sucks

its kicking in big time too! things that i want to make for my etsy shop are just not turning out how i want them too...and its bumming me out pretty bad. there are one or two more things that i'd like to make before i open...i just need to get the materials this week...oh...then figure out how i'm packaging it all! the only things that i'm in love with are my stars...
Photobucket
Photobucket
i want to keep them for myself! lol

this wreath was somewhat of a disappointment...i love it for my house...but in good conscious, i can not sell it. i have not yet perfected the loop for hanging...balls keep popping off--even though i glued them together. my biggest fear is that it would get to the buyer and the balls would be rolling around the box! ugh. so i think i'll just be keeping this for myself.
Photobucket

i know that my ribbon garland will be fine...i just have to get the supplies. here is the one i made a couple of years ago
Photobucket
Photobucket

so yeah. hopefully i'll pull myself together, and get it all done. i think fear is setting in!

8 comments:

  1. you are right, self-doubt will get you every time. I suffer from it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard not to second-guess yourself when you know somebody else is going to be owning these things! Don't be too hard on yourself, though, you're just starting out!

    I LOVE that wreath and especially the ribbing you used on it. Beautiful! Those stars are super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would buy dozens of those stars! I loooove stars and those ones are awesome! Don't doubt yourself too much, you have a wonderful skill in crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they ALL look great!!! Totally adorable things that you are making--I sure wish I had a fraction of your talent=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. neat project, just time consuming! Good luck with our Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the wreath! LOVE it!! And your other decs are sooo cute, hon.

    Don't doubt yourself--you are so talented. But I totally understand what you mean about self doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. STOP doubting yourself! You are so extremely talented. Please trust in yourself, because so many of us believe in you! I get what you mean, but girl, you are VERY talented!

    I have been trying to get your button to work. Did the place in photobucket change?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the stars, me big likey shiny objects. If you need help with any packaging or shipping or things in that realm, I have access to an entire shipping dept and a small packaging facility...at least for another month or so, enough time to set you up with some good tricks.
    if you don't know who it is, try this...
    Love James ;P
    n tell the hubby i said hi

    ReplyDelete