Wednesday, November 4, 2009

taking the leap

i think i'm going to do it. i am going to open an etsy shop. i have been struggling with the decision for a few months now. we don't really have any extra income for me to go out and buy craft supplies that i may not be able to make a profit on. i have not been able to justify it. i've been doubting myself big time, and its wearing on me...i wonder if people will buy what i like to make? however, why not just give it a shot? i've been going back and forth in my head, and i think its just time to jump in head first. i think its a great time of year for holiday decor. i'm going to craft my heart out over the next couple of weeks then open my shop. i think i can, i think i can....

i will start small, with just a few items...ornaments, garlands and wreaths perhaps. i have butterflies just thinking about it! if any of you have any tips for getting started i would love the advice. still trying to come up with a name!! lol
here's the short list:
crafty tina
tina's creations
tina loves to craft
creative tina
little pretties by tina
ok, brain fart...arg!

*deep breath* wish me luck! ;o)

6 comments:

  1. Oh I totally think you should do it! You'll do great, AND you never know until you try, right?

    I like Tina's Creations best out of your list. What about something like Treasures by Tina or Tina's Treasures? Haha - I'm all about alliteration! :-)

    I can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it! It would be the biggest rush to you when you start selling things. I wish I were crafty enough to open a shop, but alas, I lack the talent. So I get excited when my friends expore and exploit their talents. Do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck to you! I'm sure someone in the world needs just what you are making! Tis the season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Little Pretties by Tina. Good luck! Can't wait to see what you make! I've wanted to take the plunge as well- even got an etsy account! But haven't really done anything. Hey if you want to do a giveaway or promote your shop, just let me know, k. Best wishes,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I know you can do it!

    I like Little Pretties by Tina best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see all of your craftiness!! How exciting, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete