Monday, October 5, 2009

apple picking disaster

it was one of those things that i knew would probably not end up as i pictured it in my head! but i held that little piece of hope...so we went! ugh. there were many tears shed yesterday...surprisingly, none by me! they were mostly emily's. she was mad because she had to share the car with david. she was mad because we had to stop at red lights. she was pissed while waiting in the huge line of traffic that led up to the orchard. finally, we made it to the driveway, it looked like we were the only car that pulled in...i think the huge line was for the country store with the over priced baked goods and cider. well, then i saw the sign that read $25 for a bag! crap, i had only grabbed a 20 as we were running out the door. we pulled off to the side and luckily, hubby to the rescue, had 5 singles crammed into his pocket! while we were figuring out the money situation, and kicking ourselves for attempting this idiotic outing...about 32 cars pulled ahead of us :o/

ok, we got back on line...it would be fun right? we paid the stupid $25 and parked. ok, first...any tree that you could see from the parking lot had already been picked bare, or had a pile of apples under it rotting away! second...since there were no apples that were easily accessible, here we were pushing two strollers(one with a screamer in it-i'm sure you can guess who was screaming by now! lol) up and down these hills...getting apples stuck in the tires, slipping in applesauce. only to get to the other side, and realize that none of the trees were labeled!! we didn't know what the hell we were picking!! we tripped our way back to the other side, and finally found some apples on some flat land that i could use for pies! all the while listening to emily cry...wiping tremendous amounts of snot from her nose...and david trying to get out of his stroller. i picked just enough to fill the $25 bag...and we got the hell out of there.

the best part of the whole day was the two kids sleeping in the car on the ride home! aaahh!

come to find out, emily's cold is back, so she probably wasn't feeling all that hot to begin with. then i forced her to have some "family fun"! i think i'll stick to vicki's crafts and stay home from now on!!



so this is what she looked like all afternoon...
Photobucket

OK OK, so it wasn't bad the whole time...
Photobucket

Photobucket


oh, and here's my weekly weigh in...
last weeks weight: 169 lbs
current weight: 169 lbs
goal(s)for the week: more water, more working out!

last week, i technically only worked out once. but there was emily's field trip--i was running around with david for four hours. then there was the apple picking "workout" from yesterday! i stopped being careful with my food towards the end of the week, so i'm surprised that i didn't gain any. not surprised that i didn't lose any though! back on track today!!

10 comments:

  1. What a pain! I hope those apples were worth it. Thank goodness the kids fell asleep on the way home. :)

    Popping in from Twitter to let you know about my new movie about a Mommy Blogger! Follow me @MotherhoodFilm for chances to win tickets, prizes and more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry it was such an ordeal! Apple picking should be fun - I hope as the kiddos get bigger they appreciate it more! Hooray for a quiet ride home, always a silver lining :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to the apple orchard yesterday too! It was for #2's school field trip so we tried to be on our best behavior. Until, #3 decided to attempt to jump from the moving tractor we were on, and then all hell broke lose. Yep, I'm that mom. Pleased to meet you! Came over from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That completely cracked me up! Her face was hilarious!

    After that adventure, I would have baked an apple pie and eaten it all by myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her face was priceless! Yeah, I don't think she was feelin it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is it with water?? Why is is so hard to drink. I swear, if I could ever even faithfully get one glass down I would lose like ten pounds no problem!
    Don't you hate when the day you wanted to be perfect just isn't? I hate that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh I'm loving the face, heck we all need a little melt down everyonce in a while :).

    Look at you go girl, more water ... ugh I so need to do the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe the $25 a bag thing - I went to the farmer's market yesterday and bought 5 lbs. of gala apples for $4. You pay for the experience, and boy did you have one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. took my son apple picking a few years back and the bees damn near carted us off - it's a sorry business apple picking and if someone told me it was $25 i would have run over their apple-picking a** with my car

    ReplyDelete