Thursday, October 1, 2009

toffee candy a.k.a. "crack"

loove this recipe! its great for anytime, or for gift giving!

Toffee Candy
1 sleeve unsalted saltine crackers
2 sticks butter
1 cup sugar
1 package chocolate chips

cover a baking sheet with tin foil and line with crackers.
Photobucket

in a sauce pan melt butter and sugar over medium heat until bubbly/frothy, but not brown.
Photobucket
pour over crackers and spread over the crackers. bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

remove and turn off oven.
Photobucket

sprinkle chocolate chips over crackers, and place back in oven(yes, while its off) for one minute.
Photobucket

take out and spread chocolate chips. add sprinkles, nuts, or any topping that you like! refrigerate for up to 30 minutes, then break apart and enjoy!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

you will not be able to just have one piece!! have fun experimenting with toppings!!

9 comments:

  1. omg, yum! My sister made thin mint cookies with ritz crackers and this reminds me of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How yum! I want to come to your house for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yum! My son would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome... making that right now!!!! :) thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh these look great! And easy! It reminds me of those m&m bars they used to make (do they still make them?) Definitely have to try this.

    Stopping by from SITS! Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy and my brain thinks it has to be very tasty, so we're gonna try to make it, thanks for posting this! :)

    Happy sits sharefest btw ;)
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from SITS! Beautiful kids! And I'm going to try this recipe ASAP. Looks like fun and I can't believe the results. Saltines! Whoda thought?

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh this flipping ROCKS!!!! I'm so going to try this, yes I just ran to the pantry and no crackers! Yup this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok Girlie I tried this last night and it was very yummy. But what is your trick to get it out of the pan? and cheap tin foil was not my friend it stuck to almost the whole thing. I barely could get it off ... LOL

    ReplyDelete