Thursday, October 15, 2009

david update and theta mom thursday

ok, before i get to my not-so-theta mom thursday, let me give you an update on david. he's got a staph infection! MRSA to be exact! ugh. the ones-yes, they are multiple boils now, on his bird area are the worst...of course they are! i thought he only had one down there, but it turns out--now that the swelling has gone down some--that there are about 3! poor guy! we are about 110% positive that he got it from my aunt's house...yes, the same aunt's house that he spent oodles of time at over the summer. my aunt and her husband both had boils on their butts about 2 weeks apart. she never went back to the dr thinking they were just boils. she swears up and down that david didn't get it from them...ummm, i don't know anyone else that has had huge boils on their asses in the last month!! terrible. needless to say, i will not be sending him back there any time soon! so he's on an oral antibiotic and he has a cream that i'm also using. and we basically have to wash our hands 100x's a day, because its contagious...lovely! they don't seem to be bothering him too much. he's still climbing all over stuff like a little monkey. the only thing i notice is that he won't wrap his legs around my hips when i pick him up. he scrunches his knees up. happy thoughts, happy thoughts....




so my theta mom thursday sucked. i really didn't do anything for myself this week! that's what i get for going out 2 weeks in a row!! ok, well, there is still hope for tonight. hubby will be @ the firehouse, so maybe i'll take a nice soak in the tub and paint my nails again. oh, i just realized that i have not had any coffee yet...no wonder why i feel like i got ran over by a bus! hope you all got to have a time out this week!

8 comments:

  1. OMG Tina, poor little David and poor you! I am sooo sorry to hear about that. At least it sounds lke the meds will work and he'll pull through...You are all in my prayers for a seedy recovery from this.

    No wonder why you dind't get some time to yourself! After this ordeal, you'll need a day of pampering and a bottle of vino! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness! Hope everything turns out okay...that sucks that its MRSA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina! I hope David responds veery quickly to his meds and startes feeling better. And I hope you get a nice soak in the tub. You sound like you might need a glass of wine or a giant chocolate bar while you have that soak! When you get your time out Relax! Lots of get well sprinkles showering david!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooohhh, poor little guy! Poor Mama! I hoe he feels better soon sweet thing. And I hope you get some time tonight! Take care of both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I hope meds work very quick and he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor David!!! And poor You!

    So sorry you didn't get a time out this week! you deserve one, even if you did go out 2 weeks in a row ;)

    Soaking in the tub sounds nice...

    http://www.thewannabewahm.com

    Happy Time Out Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I hope you got your coffee. I feel the same way without it. Hope you get your bath soak and some pretty paint on your nails. Add a little sea salt to your bath and you'll feel so good letting all the bad of the week soak away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the bubbles idea.

    Hopefully your little one will be doing better soon.

    ReplyDelete