Monday, October 12, 2009

pumpkin picking success

finally, we did something that didn't torture either child! there is a small pumpkin patch by my parents' house that we've been going to for a few years now. this year emily finally seemed like she ejoyed it a little! david had a blast, running from pumpkin to pumpkin trying to pick up as many little ones as he could...and then he figured out that we were there for the big ones, so he tried to pick those up too! it was a great day!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

they were trying to figure out what the heck kind of pumpkin this was?!
Photobucket

the haul: 2 big ones and two little ones for our house, and the same for grandma and grandpa's house
Photobucket

emily doesn't have school today, so she slept over my parents' house. i think david and i may take a ride over to my sister's house-we haven't visited in a while.

hope everyone has a great week!

8 comments:

  1. Hooray for a successful day! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great family day! I can't wait to go get some pumpkins. I hope C likes it just as much as your little guy did! Wonderful pictures of a couple happy kids :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't think my comment went through.
    Glad you had such a great day :) Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! So cute!


    PS Thank you for stopping by on my special day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow my dear that looks like so much fun. We have one by parents that we do each year too. I have a plan to go this weekend ... LOL ;) We'll see how that goes.

    You sure got a ton, I'm so cheap. I tried to grow my own this year. Yup I got a whoping ONE. oh yeah that rocked all that time and water and it's a small one too ... LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how he struggled to get that big pumpkin! You took home quite a haul. What a fun day you all had!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I FINALLY got your button to work on my blog. I have tried twice now, I think I am an idiot! Anyway, look at those smiles, they look like they had a FANTASTIC time!

    ReplyDelete