Monday, September 21, 2009

back on the wagon...again

i gained about 60 lbs with both of my pregnancies. i lost all of the weight from having emily, and one month later, found out i was pregnant with david. i was in my size 10's for about a week before i dove right back into my old eating habits, and stretchy maternity pants!

after having david, it took me a little over a year to lose 80 lbs. i was feeling great, in my size 10's once again, and then the cycle continued...only i wasn't pregnant this time!! i've only gained about 8 lbs back, so that's not horrible, but i just feel out of shape. i saw a pic of my sissy from her vacation this passed week, and wanted to die. she looked so hot! its been hard to be the "bigger twin" with the "rounder face".

i have refocused. sometimes you just need a kick in the ass...or to see a pic of your way skinnier sister to get back on the wagon. i'd like to lose 20 lbs before her wedding in june. i also just want to be healthier. that gives me plenty of time to take it off slowly. i've tried a few fad diets, with some success, but nothing that i can really stick to. i'll be watching my portions, and cutting back on the baking :o( oh, i'll still bake, its part of who i am. maybe i can find some healthier recipes though. to hold myself accountable, i've decided to log my progress in every monday.

so today's (re)starting weight is 171 lbs. i have a date with jillian michaels when david takes his nap.

goal for the week: have jeans fitting a little better before date night on friday!!

7 comments:

  1. Something is wrong with my ps today..ugh! I will try to send this one more time.
    Have you checked 'scale down lose weight' on my side bar yet? It might help :)
    Have a great week Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I really need some magical special jeans that make me look like I'm a size 12... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on reaching your goals. You can do it!

    Just stopping by from SITS to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've come to realize that if I exercise and eat healthy, then eventually, I'll get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Taking slowly is a good idea. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by, it's always nice to see new folks!

    If you are ever interested in a new blog design makeover, I'd love to work with you!
    www.onefineblogdesign.blogspot.com

    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, loosing the weight to be pregnant a month later.
    Good luck, I am sure that your sisters wedding will be great inspiration. (What is it about us that makes us feel like we have to look perect for events like this?) You can do it.

    Take care,
    Alyshia

    PS - your kids are absolutely precious. They are worth every pound (although sometimes it doesn't seem fair :)

    Alyshia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with you lady! and why is it that when I see pictures I used to see as "chunky" me, that is all of a sudden a thin version? I don't like where this is headed lol. Your sister's wedding will be the inspiration you need, I am sure!

    ReplyDelete